This is a course created to ensure you have a truly great understanding of what it means to be a SENDCo and how to lead in this area. You will learn everything from legislative knowledge to the practical knowledge required to be effective on a daily basis. Perfect for anyone who wishes to become a SENDCo or anyone line-managing a SENDCo.
After completing this you should consider another of our ‘Developing Leadership’ courses which are most relevant to your journey
Why Choose Guide?
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
Guide Education's online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With Guide Education you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete essential duty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
Understanding the SENDCo role
Additional Course Information
Our SENDCo course is split in 11 easy-to-digest course modules, containing individual and targeted videos that delve into the specifics of the essential information you require. Each video is provided with additional reading resources and knowledge enhancement activities that provide you with a wealth of practical ideas and tips that you can employ in the modern education environment.
Our suite of school compliance courses all count as Continuing Professional Development and can be used as evidence in your personnel record.
Unit 1: Beginning life as a SENDCo (3 Videos)
Unit 2: Understanding the role in your context (6 Videos)
Unit 3: Building a team (8 Videos)
Unit 4: Positive parental engagement (4 Videos)
Unit 5: Adding value (6 Videos)
Unit 6: SEND as a whole-school issue (5 Videos)
Unit 7: Working with teaching assistants (3 Videos)
Unit 8: Working with teachers (8 Videos)
Unit 9: Working with the Local Authority (3 Videos)
Unit 10: Working with pupils (6 Videos)
Unit 11: OFSTED (1 Video)
53 Videos - 363 minutes
Guided Learning Hours
What is GLH or ‘guided learning hours’?
This number represents the approximate total combined study time required from each user to make the course truly effective. The metric is based on hundreds of thousands of cumulative study hours undertaken by the 15,000 school staff around the world that Guide has developed since 2019.
- Length of the videos
- Time taken to complete the in-video questions
- Time taken to read the additional resources
- Time taken to put items into practice
- Time taken to ensure teachers are well versed in methodologies and ideas presented within the course