A recent study revealed that 137,000 women in England and Wales are estimated to be living with the consequences of FGM. To address this issue, the Home Office is championing a proactive approach and has recommended that all schools and colleges undertake training and awareness on the issues that FGM presents.
This course will ensure you understand what FGM is, the symptoms of it and how to act. All staff who work within a school setting must undertake this course.
After completing this you should then consider other areas of school compliance.
Why Choose Guide?
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
Guide Education's online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With Guide Education you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete essential duty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
Understanding Female Genital Mutilation
Additional Course Information
Our E-safety course is split in 3 easy-to-digest video modules with additional reading resources and knowledge enhancement activities to provide you with a comprehensive picture of safeguarding in a modern education environment.
Our suite of school compliance courses all count as Continuing Professional Development and can be used as evidence in your personnel record.
Module 1: Awareness of Female Genital Mutilation (Part 1)
Module 2: Awareness of Female Genital Mutilation (Part 2)
Module 3: Protecting Girls from Female Genital Mutilation
4 Videos - 25 minutes total run time
Guided Learning Hours
3 Hours GLH