Shockingly, recent government statistics estimate that 8% of the UK's adult population experienced some form of sexual exploitation as a child. Eradicating this issue requires all staff to be aware of the signs and the law that sits behind it.
This course will ensure you understand what sexual exploitation is, the symptoms of it and how to act. All staff who work within a school setting must undertake this course.
This mandatory course ensures that you are able to identify issues and protect students when they engage with online content and with others.
After completing this you should then consider other areas of school compliance.
Why Choose Guide?
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
Guide Education's online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With Guide Education you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete essential duty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
Understanding Child Sexual Exploitation
Additional Course Information
Our Child Exploitation course is split into 3 easy-to-digest video modules with additional reading resources and knowledge enhancement activities to provide you with a comprehensive picture of safeguarding in a modern education environment.
Our suite of school compliance courses all count as Continuing Professional Development and can be used as evidence in your personnel record.
Module 1: Risk Factors and vulnerabilities
Module 2: The Child Sexual Exploitation Process
Module 3: UK Associated Laws and Guidance
3 Videos - 25 minutes
Guided Learning Hours
What is GLH or ‘guided learning hours’?
This number represents the approximate total combined study time required from each user to make the course truly effective. The metric is based on hundreds of thousands of cumulative study hours undertaken by the 15,000 school staff around the world that Guide has developed since 2019.
- Length of the videos
- Time taken to complete the in-video questions
- Time taken to read the additional resources
- Time taken to put items into practice
- Time taken to ensure teachers are well versed in methodologies and ideas presented within the course