Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) is a professional qualification that is awarded by the National College of Teaching and Leadership (NCTL) when a person can prove that they meet all of the Teachers’ Standards and criteria. QTS is required in England to teach in a state school that is under local authority control and in special schools.
What will you learn?
For applicants to successfully achieve QTS, you will need to show that you meet the Teachers’ Standards for your chosen teaching specialism, and have taught across two key stages in at least two schools.
Who can study?
You must have achieved the following minimum requirements to be eligible to apply for QTS:
You will need to hold an undergraduate degree awarded by a UK higher education provider, or a recognised equivalent qualification.
You will need to have achieved a standard equivalent to grade C/4, or above, in GCSE English and mathematics.
If you intend to train to teach pupils aged three to 11 (early years and primary), you must also have achieved a standard equivalent to a grade C/4, or above, in a GCSE science subject examination.
You must also meet some non-academic requirements, including a disclosure and barring service (DBS) check, declaration of criminal convictions, and have completed a fitness to work assessment.
QTS timescales vary depending in your own development as a teacher, the setting that you work in and your ability to provide evidence of the Teachers’ Standards.
Why Choose Guide?
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
Guide Education's online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With Guide Education you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete essential duty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
Qualified Teacher Status: Assessment Only (QTS AO)
Additional Course Information
Our QTS Assessment Only course is split in 10 easy-to-digest course modules, containing individual and targeted videos that delve into the specifics of the essential information you require. Each video is provided with additional reading resources and knowledge enhancement activities that provide you with a wealth of practical ideas and tips that you can employ in the modern education environment.
Our suite of school development courses all count as Continuing Professional Development and can be used as evidence in your personnel record.
1. Set high expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge pupils (3 Videos)
2. Promote good progress and outcomes by pupils (5 Videos)
3. Demonstrate good subject and curriculum knowledge (3 Videos)
4. Plan and teach well-structured lessons (5 Videos)
5. Adapt teaching to respond to the strengths and needs of all pupils (4 Videos)
6. Make accurate and productive use of assessment (4 Videos)
7. Manage behaviour effectively to ensure a good and safe learning environment (4 Videos)
8. Fulfil wider professional responsibilities (5 Videos)
9. Teacher Standards Part Two (2 Videos)
10. Literacy and Numeracy Proficiency
35 Videos - 186 minutes total run time.
Videos in this course