English is a vital subject at the core of the curriculum, one that can be integral to young people’s long-term prospects and success. That’s why schools need the very best professionals and graduates to bring their skills in English to the classroom.
This is a course developed to enhance the knowledge and delivery of English lessons. Through the exploration of practical tips and how the principles of teaching are used specifically in English lessons, this course is perfect for anyone wishing to be an English teacher or to help strengthen the knowledge of current English teachers.
Your training will have a strong focus on helping your pupils to become effective written and verbal communicators. You’ll learn teaching methods and strategies to help them hone their reading, writing, speaking and listening skills, standing them in good stead for the future.
Why Choose Guide?
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
Guide Education's online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With Guide Education you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete essential duty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
Preparing you to teach English for KS3 and above
Additional Course Information
Our English Specialist Teaching course is split in 7 easy-to-digest course modules, containing individual and targeted videos that delve into the specifics of the essential information you require. Each video is provided with additional reading resources and knowledge enhancement activities that provide you with a wealth of practical ideas and tips that you can employ in the modern education environment.
Our suite of school compliance courses all count as Continuing Professional Development and can be used as evidence in your personnel record.
Unit 1: Year Groups: General Information (5 Videos)
Unit 2: Assessment in English (5 Videos)
Unit 3: Class Activities in English (6 Videos)
Unit 4: Planning an English Lesson (6 Videos)
Unit 5: AFL (8 Videos)
Unit 6: Intervention in English (4 Videos)
Unit 7: Coursework at A-level (2 Videos)
36 Videos - 151 minutes
Guided Learning Hours
What is GLH or ‘guided learning hours’?
This number represents the approximate total combined study time required from each user to make the course truly effective. The metric is based on hundreds of thousands of cumulative study hours undertaken by the 15,000 school staff around the world that Guide has developed since 2019.
- Length of the videos
- Time taken to complete the in-video questions
- Time taken to read the additional resources
- Time taken to put items into practice
- Time taken to ensure teachers are well versed in methodologies and ideas presented within the course