The need to 'close the gap' for those students considered disadvantaged is a key focus for schools and the government. However, the task itself is a challenging one, requiring a strong understanding of the ways in which this can be achieved and how to ensure staff maintain initiatives.
Perfect for anyone leading in this area, this course provides you with the guidance, case studies and knowledge you will need to make a huge difference to society.
After completing this you should consider another of our ‘Developing Leadership’ courses which are most relevant to your journey
Why Choose Guide?
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
Guide Education's online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With Guide Education you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete essential duty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
Preparing for your role as pupil premium lead
Additional Course Information
Our Pupil Premium Lead course is split in 12 easy-to-digest course modules, containing individual and targeted videos that delve into the specifics of the essential information you require. Each video is provided with additional reading resources and knowledge enhancement activities that provide you with a wealth of practical ideas and tips that you can employ in the modern education environment.
Our suite of school compliance courses all count as Continuing Professional Development and can be used as evidence in your personnel record.
Unit 1: Leading on Pupil Premium (3 Videos)
Unit 2: Barriers to Learning (3 Videos)
Unit 3: Raising Awareness (3 Videos)
Unit 4: Quality First Teaching (3 Videos)
Unit 5: Evidence-Based Approaches (3 Videos)
Unit 6: Raising Aspirations (3 Videos)
Unit 7: Transition (3 Videos)
Unit 8: Attendance (3 Videos)
Unit 9: Literacy (3 Videos)
Unit 10: Working with Parents (3 Videos)
Unit 11: Mentoring and Wellbeing (3 Videos)
Unit 12: Tracking and Reviewing Spending (1 Video)
34 Videos - 120 minutes
Guided Learning Hours
What is GLH or ‘guided learning hours’?
This number represents the approximate total combined study time required from each user to make the course truly effective. The metric is based on hundreds of thousands of cumulative study hours undertaken by the 15,000 school staff around the world that Guide has developed since 2019.
- Length of the videos
- Time taken to complete the in-video questions
- Time taken to read the additional resources
- Time taken to put items into practice
- Time taken to ensure teachers are well versed in methodologies and ideas presented within the course