This qualification is designed to help teaching assistants expand their skills. If you work in a school environment and want to take the next step in your career, then the Level 4 Certificate for Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) is for you.
Teaching assistants provide essential support and feedback in a classroom. With professional training, you can increase your responsibilities and salary by becoming a higher level teaching assistant. As you progress, you can take on the task of teaching lessons, setting learning objectives and managing a class.
What will I learn?
- Find out more about the day-to-day duties of a higher level teaching assistant and requirements for the role.
- Understand child development and the factors that can influence it.
- Support students who need extra help or have special educational needs (SEN).
- Develop the skills you need to react to challenging situations and promote positive behaviour.
- Plan effective learning activities, tailored to both groups and individuals.
- Encourage communication with children, teachers and parents.
- Teach lessons to suit a range of different ability and language levels.
To achieve the Level 4 Certificate for Higher Level Teaching Assistant, learners must provide evidence against the four mandatory units:
1. Teaching and Learning for HLTA
2. Planning learning and support for HLTA
3. Professional Practice for HLTA
4. Monitoring and Assessment for HLTA
You will have access to the Guide learning platform where you will be supported through the requirements and be able to upload evidence of your understanding to your online portfolio.
It is expected that you will be able to complete the certificate in full within eight months.
Why Choose Guide?
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
Guide Education's online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With Guide Education you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete essential duty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
Higher Level Teaching Assistant Lv4
Additional Course Information
Our HLTA course is split in 8 easy-to-digest course modules, containing individual and targeted videos that delve into the specifics of the essential information you require. Each video is provided with additional reading resources and knowledge enhancement activities that provide you with a wealth of practical ideas and tips that you can employ in the modern education environment.
Our suite of school development courses all count as Continuing Professional Development and can be used as evidence in your personnel record.
Unit 1: Understand the Higher Level Teaching Assistant role (4 Videos)
Unit 2: Child Development and Welfare (4 Videos)
Unit 3: Awareness of Special Educational Needs (6 Videos)
Unit 4: Promoting Positive Behaviour in Children and Young People (2 Videos)
Unit 5: Providing Support for Individual Learners and Small Groups (3 Videos)
Unit 6: Developing Skills to Promote Positive Working Relationships (1 Video)
Unit 7: Curriculum Planning, Delivery and Assessment (4 Videos)
24 Videos - 123 minutes total run time.
Videos in this course