Around three million people in the UK suffer from some form of an eating disorder. Research also suggests that some sufferers demonstrate symptoms as young as the age of six. Once again, schools are therefore expected to help address this issue in order to eradicate it. There are a number of complex reasons why people develop conditions such as anorexia and bulimia nervosa and other types of an eating disorder. If we want to tackle these issues, we must first try to understand how they come about. We must also evaluate the treatment available for those affected.
This course will ensure you understand what the different types of eating disorders are, the symptoms and how to act.
Why Choose Guide?
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
Guide Education's online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With Guide Education you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete essential duty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
Additional Course Information
Module 1: Eating Disorders - What are they and who do they affect?
Module 2: Eating Disorders - Risk Factors and Early Warning signs
Module 3: Eating Disorders - What can the teacher and school do to help?
Module 4: Eating Disorders - Health Consequences and Treatment
10 Videos - 60 minutes total run time
Guided Learning Hours
20 Hours GLH