This is a course designed to ensure you have the highest possible knowledge of the theoretical and practical elements of working within the secondary school setting. It covers all aspects of working within this challenging and rewarding environment, including what to expect as a new member of faculty as well as key information on pedagogical theory and approaches within secondary settings.
Perfect for anyone who wishes to become a secondary school teacher, or those looking to enhance the skills of their secondary staff. Content covered aligns to the teacher standards and secondary PGCE courses.
Why Choose Guide?
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
Guide Education's online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With Guide Education you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete essential duty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
Developing your skills as a Secondary School Teacher
Additional Course Information
Our Secondary School Teaching course is split in 10 easy-to-digest course modules, containing individual and targeted videos that delve into the specifics of the essential information you require. Each video is provided with additional reading resources and knowledge enhancement activities that provide you with a wealth of practical ideas and tips that you can employ in the modern education environment.
Our suite of school compliance courses all count as Continuing Professional Development and can be used as evidence in your personnel record.
Unit 1a: Theories and Models of Education (6 Videos)
Unit 1b: Theories and Models of Education - Additional Study (6 Videos)
Unit 2: Building Teams around the Child/Young person (6 Videos)
Unit 3a: Teaching, Learning and Assessment - Considering the cohort (8 Videos)
Unit 3b: Teaching, Learning and Assessment - Delivery and Assessment (8 Videos)
Unit 4a: The Teacher and the School - The Teacher Standards (8 Videos)
Unit 4b: The Teacher and the School - In the School (11 Videos)
Unit 5: Equality and Diversity (8 Videos)
Unit 6: Wider Issues (10 Videos)
Unit 7: Current Educational Climate (4 Videos)
75 Videos - 385 minutes
Guided Learning Hours
What is GLH or ‘guided learning hours’?
This number represents the approximate total combined study time required from each user to make the course truly effective. The metric is based on hundreds of thousands of cumulative study hours undertaken by the 15,000 school staff around the world that Guide has developed since 2019.
- Length of the videos
- Time taken to complete the in-video questions
- Time taken to read the additional resources
- Time taken to put items into practice
- Time taken to ensure teachers are well versed in methodologies and ideas presented within the course