The Level 4 Certificate in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice (IQA) provides learners with the opportunity to develop skills, knowledge and understanding to enable them to perform the role of internal quality assurer.
This qualification is intended for learners wanting to undertake training or to further develop their knowledge and skills in this subject area. The objectives of the qualification include supporting a role in the workplace and meeting relevant programmes of learning.
These qualifications are assessed through activities, which are developed by the lead assessors within the home institute or centre, internally marked and sampled as part of quality assurance/internal verification procedures.
The aim of this qualification is to assess the IQA trainee’s performance in assuring the quality of assessment from within an organisation or assessment centre. All learning outcomes in this unit must be assessed using methods appropriate to the IQA trainee’s performance.
- Observation of performance
- Examining products of work; and questioning. Direct evidence of this kind may be supplemented, where necessary, by professional discussion, reflective accounts or witness testimony. Evidence for all learning outcomes must come from performance in the work environment. All learning outcomes in this unit must be assessed using methods appropriate to the candidate IQA’s performance. These must include:
1. Observation of performance
2. Examining products of work
- Questioning direct evidence of this kind may be supplemented, where necessary, by discussion, reflective accounts or witness testimony. Simulations are not allowed.
- There must be valid, authentic and sufficient evidence for all the assessment criteria. Holistic assessment is encouraged and one piece of evidence may be used to meet the requirements of more than one assessment criterion. Evidence must come from the IQA trainee’s performance in the work environment. There must be evidence of the IQA trainee monitoring a minimum of two assessors, each with a minimum of two trainees of their own, through components of a qualification.
Why Choose Guide?
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
Guide Education's online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With Guide Education you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete essential duty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
Certificate in Internal Quality Assurance Lv4
Additional Course Information
Our IQA course is split in 4 easy-to-digest course modules, containing individual and targeted videos that delve into the specifics of the essential information you require. Each video is provided with additional reading resources and knowledge enhancement activities that provide you with a wealth of practical ideas and tips that you can employ in the modern education environment.
Our suite of school development courses all count as Continuing Professional Development and can be used as evidence in your personnel record.
Unit 1: Understanding the principles and practices of internally assuring the quality of assessment (19 Videos)
Unit 2: Internally assure the quality of assessment (6 Videos)
Unit 3: Plan, allocate and monitor work in own area of responsibility (4 Videos)
IQA Assessment (5 Videos)
34 Videos - 190 minutes total run time.
Videos in this course