The Level 3 Award in Education and Training (AET) is a nationally recognised initial teacher training qualification that can take you all the way to PGCE. Upon completion of this qualification, you will be able to teach in post-16 education.
What will you learn?
On this teacher training course you will cover:
- The roles, responsibilities and relationships of the teacher
- Understanding inclusive learning and teaching
- Teaching and learning approaches in your specialist area
- How to deliver inclusive teaching sessions which engage and motivate learners
- The use of assessment methods and the need for record-keeping
- Legislation, regulations and codes of practice.
The Level 3 Award in Education and Training is an accredited qualification on the RQF framework, regulated by Ofqual.
This qualification comes with TQUK Level 3 certification. That means that it is independently accredited at a level of learning equivalent to Level 3 on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) for England, Wales and Northern Ireland. Accreditation by TQUK is a guarantee of quality. It means that this learning programme has been scrutinised and approved by an independent panel of experienced educational professionals and is quality audited by TQUK.
TQUK is recognised as an awarding body by the qualification regulators for England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Who can study?
This qualification is suitable for individuals who wish to teach in the Further Education and Skills Sector and forms a foundation for those with little or no previous experience of teaching or training. This qualification offers you rewarding development opportunities and is a perfect starting point to becoming a qualified teacher.
The course is specially designed for study by distance learning. Throughout the course, there will be self-assessment questions, and tutor support to enable you to monitor your progress.
The course typically takes three months of study; however, can be completed earlier or later than this.
Assessment of this qualification is based upon a portfolio of evidence and successful completion of course work assignments. Additionally, there is the requirement to be involved in 1 hour of micro-teach delivery and review, although depending on group size, the length of your micro-teach session could be a short as 15 minutes.
Why Choose Guide?
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
Guide Education's online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With Guide Education you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete essential duty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
Award in Education and Training (AET) Lv3
Additional Course Information
Our Award in Education and Training course is split in 3 easy-to-digest course modules, containing individual and targeted videos that delve into the specifics of the essential information you require. Each video is provided with additional reading resources and knowledge enhancement activities that provide you with a wealth of practical ideas and tips that you can employ in the modern education environment.
Our suite of school development courses all count as Continuing Professional Development and can be used as evidence in your personnel record.
Unit 1: Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training (11 Videos)
Unit 2: Understanding and using inclusive teaching and learning approaches in education and training (11 Videos)
Unit 3: Understanding assessment in education and training (10 Videos)
Assessment Unit (4 Videos)
36 Videos - 276 minutes
Guided Learning Hours
What is GLH or ‘guided learning hours’?
This number represents the approximate total combined study time required from each user to make the course truly effective. The metric is based on hundreds of thousands of cumulative study hours undertaken by the 15,000 school staff around the world that Guide has developed since 2019.
- Length of the videos
- Time taken to complete the in-video questions
- Time taken to read the additional resources
- Time taken to put items into practice
- Time taken to ensure teachers are well versed in methodologies and ideas presented within the course