Children are at risk in many environments and training will ensure understanding of the problem, avoiding possible situations and dealing with abuse and neglect once identified. Whether you are the child protection or safeguarding officer and are legally required to keep up-to-date with your statutory responsibilities, or a staff member looking to further your knowledge in this area, this is an ideal course for you.
The Autism Awareness course aims to develop your understanding of the diverse condition of autism and gives practical suggestions when working with autistic individuals.
Autism refers to a whole range of social, language and communication problems. Severity ranges from mild and often undiagnosed to severe, where it is almost impossible for people to successfully engage in society.
The aim of this course is to provide a better awareness of the term “autism” and “autistic spectrum disorder” (ASD) and how to support individuals with autism.
At the end of this course, successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement by ABC Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the details of all the units you have completed as part of your course).
Why Choose Guide?
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
Guide Education's online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With Guide Education you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete essential duty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
Additional Course Information
Our safeguarding course is split into 5 easy-to-digest video modules with additional reading resources and knowledge enhancement activities to provide you with a comprehensive picture of safeguarding in a modern education environment.
Our suite of school compliance courses all count as Continuing Professional Development and can be used as evidence in your personnel record.
Module 1: What are Autistic Spectrum Disorders?
Module 2: Types of Autistic Spectrum Disorder
Module 3: Characteristics of Autistic Spectrum Disorders
Module 4: Successful Strategies for Students with ASDs (Part 1)
Module 5: Successful Strategies for Students with ASDs (Part 2)
5 Videos - 35 minutes
Guided Learning Hours
What is GLH or ‘guided learning hours’?
This number represents the approximate total combined study time required from each user to make the course truly effective. The metric is based on hundreds of thousands of cumulative study hours undertaken by the 15,000 school staff around the world that Guide has developed since 2019.
- Length of the videos
- Time taken to complete the in-video questions
- Time taken to read the additional resources
- Time taken to put items into practice
- Time taken to ensure teachers are well versed in methodologies and ideas presented within the course